Tuesday, January 21, 2014

The Adventurers

Here's a few photos of two of the miniatures I painted over the holidays.  The first is for one of my daughter's friends, who plays the elven fighter Tiraimi in the Pathfinder RPG campaign I'm running for them (Serpent's Skull adventure path, for those keeping track).

(Note that I do not have a miniature photography studio, so the quality of the pics will not be great)

In this case, the armour, oh the armour.  This was the first time I used the Armour Wash from Privateer Press' P3 paint line.  Wow.  What a difference.  Outside of that, the teal colour is Meredius Blue (also P3) with a blue ink wash and arcane blue highlingt (also P3).  The most fun to paint was the armour.  The white, as usual, was a pain, but hey, it looks good.




The next one is Hubert the dwarven rogue.  For this one, I chose a more limited palette (mostly green, black and some brown leathers) as rogues aren't in the business of standing out.  The beard and face were a joy to paint, and I think the colour mix managed to be interesting yet blend well together too.  



As I said, the pics aren't the greatest.  I'm planning on cobbling together something better in the future.  Next, I'll show off the other two.  They make a pretty good looking adventuring party, if I do say so myself. 

No comments: