Monday, October 14, 2019

Slinging Paint

A few quick hits as I sling some paint on the last day of the Thanksgiving weekend.  Working on a bunch of things, though I realized if we're planning to play Pathfinder next Saturday, and I'm away at sea the whole working week, then I had best paint up the miniatures I plan to use.  Sorta makes sense...


The lighting isn't great, but there's a bunch going on here.  From L to R, there's a dragon's wings, some Daemonettes of Slaanesh for my Hedonites army, a succubus figure (with detached wing) and two mummies for our next Mummy's Mask adventure path session.  Somewhere back there are the two pilots for my Space Marine Land Speeder for my Blackbirds Chapter of Space Marines (also Warhammer 40000).

Some detail on the mummies and succubus.  And a well used paint palette.  I need the mummies for next week's game, and the succubus is there to work on while I wait for ink washes to dry and such.  Seldom do I only have one model (or group of models on the go) at one time.  Usually there's a few things so I'm always filling the time while other stuff is drying.


Over to the 'working desk' I've got the aforementioned Land Speeder, then a sphinx model I'll need for a future instalment of Mummy's Mask.  Then the green dragon (Reaper's Everblight) who is the owner of the wings above, the Fane of Slaanesh (a terrain piece for Warhammer Age of Sigmar) and a unit of Seekers of Slaanesh, the next part of my Hedonites army.


That's the state of the desk right now.  Going to sea for a week I hope to get back to some writing but we're preparing for a big deployment next year, and as a HOD (head of department) that means lots and lots of prep work.  [sigh]  And it will be bouncy this week (4-5m seas)!

See y'all in a few days...

No comments: